TaskCentre is by far my favorite module of iMIS. Today I deployed my first task into production. Over the next few weeks I plan to blog about my experiences; I have not been able to attend any training and the user community does not appear to have a forum.
We have a series of phone, email and mailing communications we send to a new members during their first year. I am using TaskCentre to automate this business process as much as possible. There are a handful of emails, a telephone call follow-up, and a couple of mailing pieces. There are business intelligence and data quality aspects of my tasks; I will not go into detail about them in this thread.
Break the marketing plan deliverables into a series of phases or parts. The first task will fire when a new member 'hits' iMIS. Subsequent tasks will be scheduled to fire at predetermined intervals as requried by the marketing plan.
I created a trigger on a user-defined window/table where we flag that a new member application has been approved. In my organization we requrie a few items for membership including dues payment, curriculum vitae, diplomate info, licensing, credentials, etc.
In iMIS, upon entering the Application Approved date:
- An email is sent to the email address within the customer record
- An EMAIL activity is created when the email is sent; a reference of the date and time the email was sent
- A CALL activity is created if there is no email address; assigned to Member Services Manager
- Phone Call from Member Services
- A CALL activity is created with a tickler date 49 days out; assigned to Member Services Manager
The CALL activities, when assigned to a user appear in the View Tasks interface of iMIS. So far this task addresses three components of the marketing plan:
- An email is sent to the new member with their website login information.
- A CALL activity is created if we do not have an email
- A follow-up CALL activity with a 7 week (49 days) tickler date is created
That is where we are at now.
Who Wrote OpenStack Grizzly Docs?
3 weeks ago